1. Where were you born and where are you from ?
– K : I was born in south of France in Provence far away from the city.
– A : I was born in Geneva half French, half Swiss.
2. What is your first memory connected to the art world ?
– K : The family house full of antics and the beautiful time spent alone around magic.
– A : The smell of oil painting in the house and the feeling of the stone powder on my father’s arms.
3. Have you always worked in the art/design field ?
– K : Yes, since I remember
– A : I was born around it
4. What led you to the design creation ?
– K & A : Meeting my soul mate
5. How would you describe your creative process and it influences ?
– We seat around with the cafe smell, then we think of an object that we would like to have around us.
– We Start drawing draw with four hands and then we discuss a lot, again and again… this process can last for a few days until our intuitions reach a synthesis. The result is always a combination of traditional and purist aspect that make us vibrate.
6. Could you describe a typical day of your work ?
Morning coffee and talk talk / Silence in the workshop / nap / Silence in the workshop / observation / talk again.
7. Why did you choose the specific materials you work with ?
– A specific material catch our attention and brings images into drawings.
– Sometimes there is an alliance between some materials, but for sure it’s always a quest for timelessness.The balance is not to fall into an obvious aesthetic. ” quite an aventure 🙂 ”
8. What are the technical particularities of your creations ?
Assembly of materials
9. What advices could you give to beginning artists who would like to create sculptural design works ?
Be sincere, authentic and stick to it…
10. If your works had to belong to a design movement, in which one would you define it ?
– Time will tell
11. What designers have influenced you ?
Martin Szekely for its purist questionnings.
Popular art for the Beauty of its sincerity.
12. What contemporary designers do you appreciate ?
The shared spirit with the designers with whom we bonded with.
13. What contemporary artists (in any kind of art) have you been inspired by ?
Axel Verwoordt / Peter Zumthor
14. If you had to summarize your creations in one word or sentence, what would it be ?
15. Is there anything you would like to add ?
Be happy and don’t forget your dreams.
Proust Questionnaire with very short answers (one or a few words) :
(The Proust Questionnaire is a set of questions answered by the French writer Marcel Proust. Other historical figures who have answered confession albums are Oscar Wilde, Karl Marx, Arthur Conan Doyle, Stéphane Mallarmé, Paul Cézanne…)
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
K : Love & A : Live the present
2. What is your greatest fear?
K : Missing who you are & A : To be abandoned
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
K : exteriorize & A : Impatience
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
K : bad faith & A : lies
5. Which living person do you most admire?
K & A : My soul mate
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
K : unconditional love for my husband ! & A : To spend 24 hours a day with my wife !
7. What is your current state of mind?
K & A : To find the perfect space to work and live (not too expensive… like a miracle)
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
K : listening & A : sincerity
9. What is the quality you most like in a man?
K & A : sweetness
10. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
K : sweetness & A : Integrity
11. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
K & A : Be faithful
12. Which talent would you most like to have?
The gift of ubiquity & A : To make no more spelling mistakes
13. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
K: talk less & A : My feet
14. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
K : To be in peace & A : accept to be an artist
15. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
K : The little girl I used to be & A : A newborn
16. Where would you most like to live?
K & A : In a house attached to a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean sea
17. What is your most treasured possession?
K : Love & A : To be loved
18. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
K : Lie to yourself & A : Not live your dreams
19. What is your favorite occupation?
K : Read books & A : Hedonism
20. What is your most marked characteristic?
K & A : Determination
21. What do you most value in your friends?
K : questioning themselves & A : Kindness
22. Who are your favorite writers?
K & A : The ones who are left to be discovered
23. Who is your hero of fiction?
K : Antigone & A : Gringo
24. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
25. Who are your heroes in real life?
K & A : My soul mate and Human being and the magic hands of the craftsmen
26. What are your favorite names?
K : Super & A : Pouchout
27. What is it that you most dislike?
K : The opposite of super & A : mess
28. What is your greatest regret?
K & A : No regrets
29. How would you like to die?
K : In peace & A :With the smile
30. What is your motto?
K : « If I’m bruised, make me firm and undivided. May all creatures contemplate me with the eyes of a Friend, may I, may we all contemplate all things with the eyes of a Friend. » Indian wisdom & A : « Be yourself »