Ludovic CLEMENT d’ARMONT
1. Where were you born and where are you from ?
Lille in northern France
2. What is your first memory connected to the art world ?
Museum visits in Paris
3. Have you always worked in the art/design field ?
No I began –professionaly- with engineering design
4. What led you to the design creation ?
My family history I believe
5. How would you describe your creative process and it influences ?
I draw and the pencil finds its way
6. Could you describe a typical day of your work ?
Morning communicating or drawing, then creating in the studio
7. Why did you choose the specific materials you work with ?
I love noble materials thant the hand can shape without any machine
8. What are the technical particularities of your creations ?
Complex yet hidden technology for a strong visual impact
9. What advices could you give to beginning artists who would like to create sculptural design works ?
Follow his desire
10. If your works had to belong to a design movement, in which one would you define it ?
Renewed decorative art
11. What designers have influenced you ?
12. What contemporary designers do you appreciate ?
13. What contemporary artists (in any kind of art) have you been inspired by ?
Ronan et Erwan Bouroullec
14. If you had to summarize your creations in one word or sentence, what would it be ?
15. Is there anything you would like to add ?
Forget about objects, integrate light and decoration into architecture
Proust Questionnaire with very short answers (one or a few words) :
(The Proust Questionnaire is a set of questions answered by the French writer Marcel Proust. Other historical figures who have answered confession albums are Oscar Wilde, Karl Marx, Arthur Conan Doyle, Stéphane Mallarmé, Paul Cézanne…)
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
2. What is your greatest fear?
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Not to dare
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Lack of understanding
5. Which living person do you most admire?
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Wear a suit with no tie
7. What is your current state of mind?
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
9. What is the quality you most like in a man?
10. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Hability to step back
11. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
There’s a hurddle ahead
12. Which talent would you most like to have?
13. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
14. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Starting and running my artistic activity
15. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
A Solar system
16. Where would you most like to live?
By the ocean
17. What is your most treasured possession?
18. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
19. What is your favorite occupation?
20. What is your most marked characteristic?
21. What do you most value in your friends?
22. Who are your favorite writers?
23. Who is your hero of fiction?
24. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Charles de Gaulle
25. Who are your heroes in real life?
26. What are your favorite names?
Palimpseste et métempsychose
27. What is it that you most dislike?
28. What is your greatest regret?
29. How would you like to die?
In a blow
30. What is your motto?
Humanism is the answer