1. Where were you born and where are you from ?
I come from Greece. My hometown is a small city called Volos.
2. What is your first memory connected to the art world ?
The first Memory connected to the art world was a visit at the museum of Theofilos, a few meters away from my family house in Volos, when I was a kid. Theofilos was a Greek painter, mostly known for his murals and frescos in various houses around Pelion and paintings usually made from inexpensive materials, exploring and depicting aspects of traditional everyday life.
3. Have you always worked in the art/design field ?
I hold a bachelor and a master’s degree in civil engineering. I worked in the field for a while, but my true passion was always towards the arts and crafts.
4. What led you to the design creation ?
I wanted to combine the engineering with art. Design was a great option where I could do both at the same time.
5. How would you describe your creative process and it influences ?
Everything starts with a story. For me this is a very crucial point in the process. I need to talk about something and not do anything. The influence comes from my surroundings. It is very important the time and the place I find myself.
6. Could you describe a typical day of your work ?
Studio life. I have my own studio in the center of Athens, where I spend most of my time working on various projects. I also visit factories, suppliers to discover new materials and techniques when there is time, but also to take a break.
7. Why did you choose the specific materials you work with ?
The materials and their textures fascinate me. I don’t want to limit myself in one or two materials, thus I try to explore as much as I can.
8. What are the technical particularities of your creations ?
9. What advices could you give to beginning artists who would like to create sculptural design works ?
Have a story to narrate.
10. If your works had to belong to a design movement, in which one would you define it ?
11. What designers have influenced you ?
The designer that has influenced me the most is Ettore Sottsass. He redefined design and pushed the limits to the next level.
12. What contemporary designers do you appreciate ?
I really appreciate the work of Max Lamb, Chris Schanck, Misha Kahn, Sabine Marcelis, to mention a few.
13. What contemporary artists (in any kind of art) have you been inspired by ?
I used to work as an intern for Joep Van Lieshout at his atelier in Rotterdam. That was an experience that played significant role for my future paths.
14. If you had to summarize your creations in one word or sentence, what would it be ?
Edgy and sensual.